The telephone office ran from 1929-1960 in the community of Hanna. It stood on 2nd Avenue, west of the Royal Bank corner and served as the telephone office until after 1960 when was used by the Health Unit for a number of years. In 1971 the Royal Bank purchased the land for its new structure and ended up donating the building to the Historical Society. Moving the building proved to be a struggle. It was necessary to remove the bricks and clean them before resetting them. In the process, many bricks were discovered to be unusable. As a result, new bricks were purchases, but they weren’t able to match the colours. This building has since been completely furnished and still has the old switchboard used to connect calls. Along with the switchboard, this building features a hairdresser shop, camera collection, and so much more!
- Ranch House – 1912